The AAUP strongly opposes Donald Trump’s unconstitutional and discriminatory ban on entry into the United States for people from some Muslim-majority countries.
Large numbers of our students and faculty members are affected by administration’s ill-considered executive order, which violates so many American traditions and beliefs. We fear that the abuse of power we are witnessing will wreak havoc on our institutions of higher education.
We call on faculty, students, and all citizens to remain engaged in the struggle for justice on every campus and in every community. We call on all reasonable politicians to oppose against this administration’s discriminatory order. Add your name in solidarity.
At the request of our AAUP chapter, the provost’s office has compiled statistics regarding the numbers of promotion and tenure cases and their outcomes, at the levels of department, college, and university. The report is available on the provost’s website:
Mission of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP):
- advance academic freedom;
- promote shared governance;
- define fundamental professional values and standards for higher education;
- promote the economic security of faculty, academic professionals, graduate students, post‐doctoral fellows, and all those engaged in teaching and research in higher education;
- help the higher education community organize to make our goals a reality;
- ensure higher education's contribution to the common good.