Open Forum with Menah Pratt-Clarke
Vice President for strategic affairs & Vice Provost for inclusion and diversity
Friday 23 September 2016
Holden Hall Auditorium
Join the VT chapter of AAUP for an interactive discussion with one of our newest Vice Presidents. Learn about current initiatives. Ask questions. Share your views.
Monday 29 August 2016
- Elections (two vacancies on executive committee)
- Continuing concerns: Promotion & Tenure, Pathways, Destination Areas, Incentive-based budgeting
- New concern: metrics for faculty evaluation
- Event planning for the coming year
The chapter will hold monthly first-Wednesday happy hours during the summer. All are welcome.
WHERE: PK’s Bar and Grill (on the deck, weather permitting)
DATES: Wednesday June 1, Wednesday July 6, Wednesday August 3
TIME: 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
The chapter is currently seeking nominations for a seat on the executive committee, to replace a member who is retiring. Self-nominations welcome. Contact Janell Watson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The members of the VT chapter of the AAUP will meet on Monday 2 May from 5 to 6:30 pm in McBryde 134.
Agenda: elections (two openings on the executive committee); updates on issues (Pathways, Destinations Areas, Collegiate Professors); announcing summer happy hours; plans for the fall
Next chapter meeting: Monday 2 May 2016, 5:00 – 6:30 pm, McBryde 134.
Friday 19 February 2016
Newman Library Multipurpose Room
Open to all who teach or research at VT, including part-time faculty, grad students, and postdoctoral fellows. All ranks welcome.
- Learn more about Destination Areas, Pathways, General Education.
- Ask questions. Share perspectives.
- Invite colleagues. Spread the word!
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Norris Hall 209
5:00 – 6:00 pm
- updates on the Pathways implantation proposal.
- updates on shared governance at VT.
- plans for the provost forum on February 19.
- membership recruitment.
Please attend our next chapter meeting on Wednesday October 21, 5:30pm – 6:30pm, 655 McBryde.