Monday 29 August 2016
- Elections (two vacancies on executive committee)
- Continuing concerns: Promotion & Tenure, Pathways, Destination Areas, Incentive-based budgeting
- New concern: metrics for faculty evaluation
- Event planning for the coming year
The chapter will hold monthly first-Wednesday happy hours during the summer. All are welcome.
WHERE: PK’s Bar and Grill (on the deck, weather permitting)
DATES: Wednesday June 1, Wednesday July 6, Wednesday August 3
TIME: 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
The chapter is currently seeking nominations for a seat on the executive committee, to replace a member who is retiring. Self-nominations welcome. Contact Janell Watson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The members of the VT chapter of the AAUP will meet on Monday 2 May from 5 to 6:30 pm in McBryde 134.
Agenda: elections (two openings on the executive committee); updates on issues (Pathways, Destinations Areas, Collegiate Professors); announcing summer happy hours; plans for the fall
Next chapter meeting: Monday 2 May 2016, 5:00 – 6:30 pm, McBryde 134.
Friday 19 February 2016
Newman Library Multipurpose Room
Open to all who teach or research at VT, including part-time faculty, grad students, and postdoctoral fellows. All ranks welcome.
- Learn more about Destination Areas, Pathways, General Education.
- Ask questions. Share perspectives.
- Invite colleagues. Spread the word!
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Norris Hall 209
5:00 – 6:00 pm
- updates on the Pathways implantation proposal.
- updates on shared governance at VT.
- plans for the provost forum on February 19.
- membership recruitment.
Please attend our next chapter meeting on Wednesday October 21, 5:30pm – 6:30pm, 655 McBryde.
Happy Hour at PK’s
Tuesday October 6, 2015
Meet fellow AAUP members. Bring interested friends and colleagues. Socialize.