With the mounting stress of the pandemic over the past two years, this is definitely troubling news on the salary front – more stress and less purchasing power. https://www.chronicle.com/article/faculty-pay-survey-records-the-largest-one-year-drop-ever?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=campaign_4520420_nl_Academe-Today_date_20220622&cid=at&source=ams&sourceid=&cid2=gen_login_refresh
Mission of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP):
- advance academic freedom;
- promote shared governance;
- define fundamental professional values and standards for higher education;
- promote the economic security of faculty, academic professionals, graduate students, post‐doctoral fellows, and all those engaged in teaching and research in higher education;
- help the higher education community organize to make our goals a reality;
- ensure higher education's contribution to the common good.