The officers and executive committee members of the VT chapter will be dividing the labor a bit differently for the next several months. We have learned that that job of secretary-treasurer might be best divided into two positions so we can do a better job of communicating with and serving our members. We will be working on a revision to thechapter’s bylaws and we will bring that to you for discussion and a vote in the spring . . . but in the meantime I write to let you know that Joe Merola (currently an executive committee member) will be handling the communications portion of the work. Please look for emails from him about our activities. Kris Hite will continue to serve as the chapter’s treasurer.
We hope that this stopgap action will be acceptable to all of you. If you have any concerns, please reach out to Patty Raun.
I hope this shift in duties will make the roles of the officer’s in the VT Chapter more manageable (and perhaps more attractive to any of you that would like to play a larger role in the organization). Although some of your current officers and committee members may be running again, we will hold elections for all organizational positions in the spring.
Thanks so much for all you do!
Mission of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP):
- advance academic freedom;
- promote shared governance;
- define fundamental professional values and standards for higher education;
- promote the economic security of faculty, academic professionals, graduate students, post‐doctoral fellows, and all those engaged in teaching and research in higher education;
- help the higher education community organize to make our goals a reality;
- ensure higher education's contribution to the common good.